Day Dreaming of a blissful honeymoon start as soon as your hubby-to-be pops the question, but in today’s fast-paced world not all newlyweds have time for a two-week excursion to serene honeymoon places like the Alps or a tropical island. Enter the mini-moon: a miniature honeymoon vacation in which couples schedule a shortened honeymoon of several days just after the wedding while saving their lengthy vacation for a later date.
The mini-moon is a major matrimonial trend. Taking the time to destress and unwind after the wedding planning mayhem, allows couples to enjoy their union without the pressures of everyday life. While a longer honeymoon immediately after the wedding is preferable to a short one, a mini-moon definitely trumps no vacation at all. In order to ensure an enjoyable mini-moon, select a location that requires little travel; nothing is more anxiety-inducing than a short vacation made even more brief by days of travel. Furthermore, pick a single location you feel you can master over a limited time span.
Here is a list of 5 peaceful honeymoon places to unwind with your significant other.
- Alappuzha, Kerala– Alappuzha lies just over 60 kilometres from Kochi, known for its beautiful beaches and backwaters. Alappuzha or Alleppey (as it is also known) can be accessed from the railway station (4 km from the city centre) or bus.
- Kasol, Himachal Pradesh– Resting on the banks of the river Parvati, Kasol is a tiny town, bursting with life, surrounded by massive and breath-taking peaks of the snow clad Himalayas. It caters to a variety of tourists, dominated by Israelis and hippies attracted by its peaceful setting and easy availability of wild charas. Home to some crazy music festivals ❤ Kasol falls between Bhuntur and Manikaran Sahib (A famous pilgrimage site for the Sikh community).
- Pelling, West Sikkim– The pleasant little town of Pelling is famous for magnificent views of the snow-capped Kanchenjunga range, the third highest peak in the world. This is as close as you can get to the Kanchenjunga range without leaving the material comfort of good hotels. Due to its advantageous location, many hotels and lodges have come up in and around Pelling catering to varied tastes and budgets.
- Coorg, Kodagu District, Karnataka – Kodagu is rated as one of the top hill station destinations in India. Some of the tourist attractions in Kodagu include Talakaveri (origin of river Kaveri), Numerous Coffee plantations and many peaceful coffee shops and cafes. This is a Romantic and peaceful paradise for couples.
- Auli, Uttarakhand – Auli is a beautiful ski destination located in Uttarakhand. Auli, also known as Auli Bugyal, in Garhwali, which means meadow, is located at an elevation of 2500 to 3050 meters above sea level. Auli is a relatively new tourist destination as compared to Shimla, Gulmarg or Manali. It was only in the recent time, after the creation of new state Uttarakhand carved out from Uttar Pradesh, Auli was marketed as a tourist destination. Which is great and means that no garbage or annoying tourists will disturb you.
If your schedule or finances only permit an abbreviated trip, by all means take a few days for a compressed mini-moon and savor the process of planning a truly lavish, lengthy honeymoon months in advance.
For many more awesome honeymoon destinations, you can download the AppilyEver app AppilyEver- All Things Wedding – Android Apps on Google Play and AppilyEver on the App Store